The page is loading, please wait…
© 2005 – 2017 Faculty of Education of Trnava University in Trnava, all rights reserved. Today’s date: 24. 5. 2017.
Date: 17. 11. 2016, last year
Summer School on Intellectual Property
The University of Bonn invites graduate and postgraduate students as well as young professionals from any field of study or discipline to a Summer School on Intellectual Property in Bonn.
The Summer School will take place from July 31 to August 11, 2017.
The program offers:
- classes that cover the main areas of Intellectual Property;
- guest lectures on selected Intellectual Property issues;
- excursions (for example to innovative institutions and companies).
The Summer School is open to 30 participants. The program is conducted in English.
The classes and guest lectures will take place on the new Campus Poppelsdorf of the University of Bonn.
The Summer School introduces students to the main areas of Intellectual Property and examines important Intellectual Property issues. The students will be able to discuss Intellectual Property issues with professionals from Intellectual Property organizations, innovative companies, research facilities, law offices, and the University of Bonn.
The Summer School aims to provide graduate and postgraduate students as well as young professionals with insight into the field of Intellectual Property and an appreciation of the significant role of Intellectual Property in furthering the economic and technological development, and particularly in promoting innovation.
The classes cover the main areas of Intellectual Property:
- Introduction to IP;
- Patents and Trade Secrets;
- IP Management;
- Industrial Designs;
- Unfair Competition;
- IP and Contracts.
In addition to classes, the program offers guest lectures on selected Intellectual Property issues. The Summer School in 2016 addressed for example topics such as “IP and Health” and “IP and Biotechnology”. Furthermore, the program includes excursions to institutions and innovative companies. Excursions to the German Aerospace Center and the Center of Advanced European Studies and Research were for example part of the program in 2016.
The instructors and guest lecturers are Intellectual Property experts from Intellectual Property organizations, innovative companies, research facilities, law offices, and the University of Bonn.
In order to be eligible to register for the Summer School, you must fulfil the requirements given below:
- You are a graduate or postgraduate student or a young professional from any field or discipline (participation in the Summer School is not limited to law students or legal professionals).
- You are proficient in English (prior knowledge of German is not a prerequisite).
Applicants who wish to participate in the Summer School must apply by April 7, 2017. The selected participants will be notified within one week after the registration deadline.
Further information on the application process is available here: www.ipsummerschool.uni-bonn.de
The participation fee is 750 Euros (including the costs for the excursions). Housing and meals are not included in the fee.
A very limited number of grants will be awarded by the University of Bonn to excellent Summer School applicants. Only students can apply for a grant. The grants will consist of partial or full participation fee exemption. Participants will still be responsible for financing housing and meals by themselves, though.
Further information on the participation fee and possible grants is available here: www.ipsummerschool.uni-bonn.de
Certificate of Attendance/ECTS Credits
Each participant who regularly attends the Summer School will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
If you are interested in obtaining ECTS credits, you can gain
- 2 ECTS credits (equivalent to 1 U.S. credit) by regularly attending the Summer School or
- 6 ECTS credits (equivalent to 3 U.S. credits) by regularly attending the Summer School and submitting a paper of about 6.000 – 6.500 words up to 4 weeks after the end of the Summer School. The submission deadline is September 8, 2017. The topic of the paper must be determined in consultation with the Summer School Coordinator.
Please note that the University of Bonn can only recommend that home institutions award participants with 2/6 ECTS credits (equivalent to 1/3 U.S. credits).
Please visit the website of the Summer School on Intellectual Property to learn more about the program: www.ipsummerschool.uni-bonn.de .